South Carolina Missions

I am a missionary in Gaston, SC and this blog will help anyone interested to stay informed about what's going on in my field of labor.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

5 baptized this month!

The first Sunday this month, we had a baptismal service scheduled. There were 4 young people wanting to be baptized - Dorthy, Chris, Lyndsey, and Ashley. Unfortunately, Ashley was running a fever that day, so her baptism had to be rescheduled. That left 3 to be baptized.

We went to a pond belonging to the Dawson family, who have been regular visitors to our church. It was the perfect setting for an old-fashioned style baptism. Before we started the baptismal service, Chip Dawson approached me asking if he could be baptized as well. I had talked to him previously about his salvation, so I was comfortable with his profession of faith. As we gathered together to begin the service, I asked Chip to come forward, and he shared his profession of faith with the church, and they voted to add him to the list of candidates waiting for baptism. We were at his house, so it was no problem for him to find a change of clothes afterward. That brought the total to 4.

After all 4 were baptized, Wade Dawson, who is Chip's son, asked if he could be baptized too. I had talked with him a few times before, but I asked the church if they could give me a few minutes to talk to Wade privately, and after talking with him again, I presented him to the church as a candidate, and then he was also baptized. So there were actually 5 baptized that day. It was truly an exciting day. Below are some pictures that were taken at the baptism service:







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home