South Carolina Missions

I am a missionary in Gaston, SC and this blog will help anyone interested to stay informed about what's going on in my field of labor.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Hablas Espanol?

Yesterday we had an interesting visitor. Of course, I'm grateful for all of our visitors, but this one was interesting because of the challenge that he came with. His name is Alejandro, but he goes by Alex. He is from Mexico and his English is very limited. It was a challenge to communicate with him. I have had some exposure to Spanish in the past, and my wife has recently taken a Spanish class in college. Some other members know bits and pieces of Spanish. So we were able to communicate to some degree. I doubt that he got very much from the sermon or from the class he was sent to, but you never can tell. Perhaps the Holy Spirit communicated to him in a deeper way when words failed me.

He came to us because he was invited by one of the children that ride with us in our bus ministry. He said he would be coming back, and that he would bring a few friends with him - one of which is better with English, and should be able to translate for the others. I hope that he will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home