South Carolina Missions

I am a missionary in Gaston, SC and this blog will help anyone interested to stay informed about what's going on in my field of labor.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Rescheduled again

We had a Baptism scheduled for yesterday, but we were forced to reschedule once again because the church that we were going to borrow a baptistry from was not prepared for us. When I called to remind their pastor on Saturday, he admitted he had forgotten about it, and asked if we would mind resceduling for later.

It will be nice when we have our own baptistry one of these days, and we won't have to depend on others to help with the arrangements.

We have used a loca pond in the past, but a couple of the people who were to be baptized this time are nervous about stepping into any water if they can't see the bottom. I can understand their hesitation. The last time we used the pond, I think I could feel some fish nibbling on my toes! Or maybe it was just my imagination.

The baptism has been rescheduled for June 14. We are expecting to baptize 2 adults at that time.

Our services yesterday were wonderful. It was nice to see our attendance was back up, after several weeks of low attendance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home